It’s Friday again! Hooray! Here’s a list of things we’re loving right now!
- Favorite Woman: Iris Apfel
- We adore businesswoman, interior designer, and fashion icon Iris Apfel. At 98, she’s staying busier than ever with her partnership with HSN, pop-up shop at Bergdorf Goodman, covers of vogue and other magazines, and new book called Accidental Icon (among many, many other things). She’s been quoted saying “I think retirement is a fate worse than death” and one of our favorites, “More is more and less is a bore”. We can all learn a bit about work ethic and fashion sense from this woman we’d like to be friends with or have as our grandma. If you want more of a glimpse into her life, check out her documentary, Iris.
- Favorite Playlist: Spotify Singles: Covers
- This playlist has a variety of covers from new songs to old. Start listening below!
- Favorite Podcast: Lore
Lore is a podcast about the frightening history behind common folklore. Its half hour or so episodes are quick enough you can listen to at any time but warning, they’re addicting and you won’t want to stop after listening to just one. Find out more by clicking the picture below.
- Favorite Recipe: Texas Caviar
- This recipe with bell peppers, beans, corn, and onions is perfect to make for any backyard party or simply to make for you family to munch on all week long. It’s refreshing, delicious, and nutritious. Eat it on top of a salad, with tortilla chips, or even just with a fork on its own. Here’s a recipe we like.
What are some of your current favorite things? Let us know by using the comments below!